Friday 28 December 2012

I'm Back!

For those of you who have arrived here through www.redtablekitchen.blogspot.ca, thank you for following me to this new location and please hang in there as it grows.

For those of you who are new, I hope to entertain and keep you inspired both in the kitchen and in life. This blog will not only become a great source of recipes for you to try at home, but will also be a spot to flex my design muscles, swap stories of travel as well as showcase my growing passion for photography.

In the past year, I have not stopped cooking and creating. A new job, both wonderful and demanding, and a home repair like you would not believe (seriously folks - moats were dug by hand and foundations were restored) have consumed my brain, my muscles and my time. Although my last post was in late 2011,  I am still surprised by how many people have continued to stop by the blog and check out past recipes. I'll admit, I check out past recipes on a weekly basis myself! It's just so damn useful.

Recently, great recipes have gone missing around here. Once searched for, printed off, modified and used, they tend to disappear. Sure, they'll stick around for a while and will occasionally travel from a stack of receipts into a junk drawer. Sometimes they hang on the fridge until the cat swats them down. I don't know about your place, but in this house great recipes will always end up in the garbage.

Great recipes, I have discovered, need a home. Some people use hand written recipe cards or binders full of magazine cut outs. I used this blog and with the encouragement and enthusiasm of friends and family, I will use this blog again. As I'm feeling a little bit rusty, my goal for January is 2 posts a week.

With that, I will leave you with this endearing photograph of a new little fellow that can be found in the Redfern Kitchen these days. If he's not in the kitchen, then he's in TROUBLE because that means he's on the carpet.




No comments:

Post a Comment